Mike Smiley is more than pink

Donate
Your gift could provide a one month supply of Tamoxifen, a drug used to treat breast cancers that rely on estrogen for growth, to a patient in need. Every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer. Your gift will help save lives! Your gift could provide a screening mammogram to an uninsured or underinsured person in need. Your gift could provide a breast prosthesis for an uninsured or underinsured woman in need. Your gift will help us reach our bold goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. within the next decade!
research
care
community
action

My Story

Friends,

Breast cancer never sleeps.  It affects 1 in 8 women during their lifetime.  ONE IN EIGHT.  We’ve had beyond our fair share of loved ones that have faced this disease, some successfully, and others, not.  Over the 13 years that we’ve been raising money for Susan G. Komen, we have seen progress: the genetic testing has improved, surgeries, less invasive, targeted therapies for different strains of the breast cancer have been further developed, symptoms from treatment are better managed,  minority women with higher risk are becoming better informed and getting screened, and mortality rates are headed lower.  Komen has a bold goal to reduce mortality rates 50% by 2026.  The Race for the Cure series will help make that possible, as 25% of funds raised go directly to the research.  The other 75% goes to treatment support, navigation, advocacy, and education.  The Race for the Cure is Komen Charlotte’s largest fundraiser during the year, providing for 50-60% of the annual budget.  Your donations matter.

Thanks in advance for your prayers, kindness, and support.

For the Cure,

Mike and Shari Lynn

Together, we are fueling the best science, boldest community and biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. And we will not stop until this disease is gone forever. That's our promise. Will you please join me in this fight by making a donation today?

Read More Read Less Support Me
Donate today to reduce the number of breast cancer deaths by 50%
in the U.S. by 2026

My Goal
$15,000

Amount Raised
$14,365

I'm a...

Race for the Cure Alumni

Team Captain

My Badges

Donate to Mike!

Add your name to the list!

Donate
Your gift could provide a one month supply of Tamoxifen, a drug used to treat breast cancers that rely on estrogen for growth, to a patient in need. Every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer. Your gift will help save lives! Your gift could provide a screening mammogram to an uninsured or underinsured person in need. Your gift could provide a breast prosthesis for an uninsured or underinsured woman in need. Your gift will help us reach our bold goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. within the next decade!
Mike's Donors Are More Than Pink™!
Fundraising Honor Roll
Ms. Caroline Ellington
$5,000
Brenda Stubbs
$2,500
Mr. Mike Smiley
$2,000
The Campbell Family
$1,040
Peter and Cynthia Baldridge
$1,000
Ginger Dickerson and Kim Bohannon
$1,000
The Millers
$260
Mrs. Jane Swindell Tyson
$260
Anonymous
Mrs. Priti Mehta
$156
Anonymous
Ms. Linda B Fanning
$140
Michael DeLong
$140
Shawn Butterworth
$140
Cyndy Fenninger
Mrs. Kathy C Pilkington
$104
Anonymous
$72
Eric and Joanne Passeri
$52
Jana Letoile
$52